Panoramic landscape views but mostly of great ethnological value. This walk is part of the “dry stone wall” route and takes you though thick oaks woods in which you can actually “hear” the silence. Once at the highest point of the path “Coll des Prat” apart from the spectacular views of the bays of Pollença and Alcudia we find “les cases de neu”, dry-stone buildings that were made for storing snow during the winter and then lowered to the local residents in spring and even lasting through the summer.
It drops to the “cami de nevaters” or “des Galileu voltes” both road used to transport the ice. The walk ends at Lluch monastery, which alone deserves a visit!
Climb to the summit “Massanella, Galileu”, viewing vultures, etc.
If the weather permits, this route may take us on the north face to “Galileu or Massanella”, worth the effort for the magnificent panoramic views that can be enjoyed.
Galeria de fotos:
Details of the route.
- Time: 6hours
- Difficulty: Difficult 14 km
- Route with large landscape values and views of interest
- Route with great historical and heritage sites
- Route of great ethnological and man-made structures of great historical value
- Route with opportunity to spot birds and other fauna